Michel de Bree Link to heading
Freelance Full Stack Java Developer Link to heading
With over 18 years of experience in complex and dynamic IT landscapes, I am equipped to help you build and run your software in an agile and sustainable way, by taking ownership of every aspect that keeps the software doing what you expect it to do, out there in the real world.
Currently working with the following techniques:
- Scrum / Agile SAFe
- Java 11 / Spring Boot / Hibernate / PostgreSQL / Elasticsearch / RabbitMQ
- React / REST / JSON / HAL / SOAP / OAuth2 / JWT / OpenAPI (Swagger) / DMN / Drools
- Kubernetes / Openshift / Helm / Docker / Linux
- JUnit / Mockito / Jest / Chai / Wiremock / Cucumber / Selenium / JMeter
- Git / Gitlab / Maven / JIRA / Confluence / SonarQube
Personal Information Link to heading
- Year of birth: 1972
- Residence: The Hague / The Netherlands
- Languages: Dutch (native), English (fluent)
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: micheldebree.nl
- LinkedIn: nl.linkedin.com/in/micheldebree
Experience Link to heading
2018–now — Legislative rule engine with supporting interfaces @ Digitaal Stelsel Omgevingswet (Rijkswaterstaat)
- Lead frontend (React / REST)
- Component lead backend (Java 11 / Spring Boot / Hibernate / REST / OAuth / JWT)
- Implementation of new features, changes and bug fixes. Code review, technical design, architectural advice.
- Development of Docker images, Helm charts and Gitlab pipelines for continuous integration on a Kubernetes cluster.
- Deployment, configuration and integration with Elasticsearch, Nexus, RabbitMQ and Drools.
- Development of automated unit- and functional tests.
- API design and QA (REST / Swagger / OpenAPI)
- Team representative in cross-team Security and Software Quality guilds. Measure, monitor, assess impact and mitigate the outcomes of security and code quality audits.
- Performance testing and resolving of performance bottlenecks.
- Incident analysis and mitigation.
2016–2018 — Central integration hub @ Digitaal Stelsel Omgevingswet (Rijkswaterstaat)
- Lead Developer (Java 8 / Spring Boot / WSO2)
- Scrum Master / Agile SAFE
- Integration (WSO2 / SOAP / REST / JSON / OAuth)
- CI/CD development (Docker / Ansible / Linux Shell)
2015–2018 — Platform-as-a-Service @ Ministerie van Infrastructuur en Waterstaat
- Development of custom components (Java / WSO2)
- Automated provisioning (Ruby, Linux Shell, Amazon EC2)
2014–2015 — Online authentication @ ING Bank
- Backend development (Java / Spring)
- Frontend development (Angular)
- Integration (SOAP / REST)
2014 — Started freelancing @ micheldebree.nl
2005–2014 — Senior Software Engineer @ E-ID (now DearNova)
- On-site development projects (Aegon bank, VZVZ, TNT)
- In-house development projects (DELA, KPN, DLL, Ziggo, Infinitas)
- Java and .NET
- Pre-sales technical consultancy (KPN, DPD)
- Lead developer / software architect Nationaal Elektronisch Patiëntendossier for the Dutch government.
2001–2005 — Software Engineer @ PaC/Imtech ICT (now Axians)
- Several in-house Java projects
1994–2001 — Developer @ Leiden University Medical Center
1991–1998 — Student Software Engineering @ Delft University of Technology
1987–1995 — Founder, coder, musician, team-lead @ Demoscene